Help me find...
Genealogical Requests are for Sacramental Records that are 70 years or older. For records that are more recent, please contact the parish where the Sacrament was administered.
1) The Diocese of Honolulu’s Office of the Chancellor and Diocesan Archives maintains historical Catholic Sacramental records (70 years and older) from its Catholic parishes (historical and present).
2) There are no guarantees that a record will be found.
3) Please allow four to six weeks for results.
4) In the Diocese of Honolulu, Sacramental Records are not open to the public. Research is performed by Archive Staff only.
5) Public access to the Diocesan Archives is prohibited. Access may be granted by the Bishop or the Chancellor.
6) Requests for Genealogy research must be made in writing via the Genealogy Research Form.
7) A legitimate reason for a request must be given, along with a relevant connection to the person being researched.
8) The Archives does not issue actual certificates. Requests for certificates using the found information should be made directly with the parish where the sacrament was administered. Individual parishes may or may not issue certificates related to Genealogy searches.
9) There are no fees for Genealogy searches, but you are welcome to donate to a parish of your choice, or directly to the Diocese.
10) We reserve the right to make changes to our policies without prior written notification.
Download the form, print, and send completed form to the Office of the Chancellor; 6301 Pali Hwy., Kaneohe Hawaii 96744
For more information, call Deacon Keith at 808.203.6715